PID for a temp sensor

KaOsLoRd

I need help on how to configure the PID for a GE Fanuc ME cimplicity. I tried using the help files but its vary vage in info and also to general. Anyone, point me in the right direction please.

The address that you specify when you program a PID function is the first of 40 consecutive integer registers used by the function. You have to write values to some of these registers in order for the PID function to do anything.

The function performs 16-bit integer calculations, so all of the data that you enter will be in the range of -32,768 to +32,767. If you want to control temperature, then you may want to scale your values to Temperature times 100. That is, for a temperature setpoint of 100.00 degrees, you would enter a value of 10000 into the appropriate register. You also scale the feedback signal from your temperature sensor the same way.

For the sake of discussion, let's assume that you've programmed a PID function and specified %R0001 as the starting address.

In that case, the registers that you'll be concerned about are:

%R0003 - Sample period in 10 millisecond increments. This is how often the PID function will recalculate. A value of ten means that the PID equation will be solved every 100 milliseconds as long as the function is enabled.

%R0004 and %R0005 - Deadband, plus and minus. The PID equation is only solved when the error is outside of the deadband limits. If you define a deadband, make sure that your value in %R0005 is a negative number.

%R0006 - Proportional gain value. This value is multiplied by the error to calculate the proportional component of the output.

%R0007 - Derivative gain value. This value is multiplied by the rate of change of the error to calculate the derivative component of the output.

%R0008 - Integral rate value. The number of iterations of the integral calculation per 1000 seconds.

%R0009 - Bias value. This is the output of the PID function when the error is zero and there is no integral component.

%R0010 and %R0011 - Upper and lower clamp values. These are the maximum and minimum allowed output values.

%R0011 - Slew rate. This is the number of seconds required to change the output from from zero to 32000.

%R0012 - A control word. Don't worry about it.

%R0013 - Manual command. The PID output when you put the function into manual to force the output to a desired value.

I hope this is enough to get you started.