Tag address error on PV300 WITH Devicenet Commn.

kiran

Hi,

I am using AB PV300 with devicenet communication to SLC5/01.

The node address for the PV 300 is 3 and the devicenet scanner is in slot 1 on the rack. The input address word in D/N configuration file starts at 7.

With the above when I assing address I:1.7/0 for a PB on the PV the tag editor comes up with an error in tag address. The error says
"Expected Slash, '/'in Tag Address.

I tried variations in the address, but did not help. Does anybody know a solution for this?

Thanks.

DeviceNet data table addressing in the PanelView is done from the perspective of the PanelView to the I/O data connection, not the SLC data table.

If you have, for example, a 16-byte Input and 16-byte Output connection to the PanelView, the terminal addresses this data as:

I:<word>/<bit>
O:<word>/<bit>

Where Word = 0 to 7.

It doesn't matter at all where this data is mapped in the 1747-SDN. It can be in Word 0, or Word 20, or Word 8. The PanelView has no idea about the origin of the I/O connection it's getting, just it's size.

In your case, you said the I/O connection is mapped to the 1747-SDN in Slot 1 starting at Word 07.

Therefore your I/O memory in the PanelView equates to the I/O memory in the SLC as follows:

PanelView    SLC
I:0/0 I:1.7/0
I:0/1 I:1.7/1
I:1 I:1.8

and so on.

Remember also that PanelBuilder tries to make at least the direction of the data easy to figure out by referring to it from the persepective of the PLC.

From the Help file:
Input (I) data is generated by the PanelView terminal and sent to a remote device. Output (O) data is received by the PanelView terminal from a remote device.

So, "I" data in the PanelView is "I" data in the SLC-500.