Scrolling CX Programmer screens

Steve Kemp

OK, I acknowledge that the Omron purists have all ceremoniously burned their mouses, but I still like to use mine. So, is it just my installation, or do they all do this: Mouse pointer "live" on ladder screen; use scroll wheel and the image jumps in fits and starts, albeit in the right direction. Mouse pointer still "live" on ladder screen, but slide it over to the LH (project) window ; use scroll wheel and the (ladder) image scrolls smoothly. Hmmm...

Actually, it's anywhere on the screen, other than the ladder area.

Yours (without rsi -yet),

Steve.

Last edited:
My IBM with a standard mouse moves the ladder smoothly with the scroll. As you said, when you move over to the left, outside of the ladder the scroll wheel still moves the ladder. If you left click while over the "project workspace" the scroll wheel will move the workspace if it is needed.

I have absolutely no problems with either a clone desktop, a HP XE3 laptop or a Compaq laptop. Even better, highlight the rung on the very left hand side and use the down arrow key to travel from rung to rung.

Hardly ever use the mouse these days. Hate the damn things - RSI from clicking all the time. Give me the keyboard any day. I have always maintained the mouse is good for "factory fiddlers". No offence meant - just my lousy sense of humour.

Last edited:
Steve Kemp said:
Mouse pointer still "live" on ladder screen, but slide it over to the LH (project) window ; use scroll wheel and the (ladder) image scrolls smoothly. Hmmm...

Actually, it's anywhere on the screen, other than the ladder area.

...this is because the Ladder Editor has the 'focus' (is "live").
This is pretty much standard windows behaviour.
Until you click somewhere other than the Ladder Editor, windows does not know where the mouse has moved to.

Can't say I've encountered any problems with jerky scrolling though.

Some mouse drivers have issues with some versions of Logix 5K. The scrolling setting for the wheel in the mouse properties also effects the operation. Try a setting of 2-3 lines at a time. See THIS THREAD in the A-B Logix forum for more info.

The CX-Programmer software has some fault

I with a standard mouse moves the ladder on CX-Programmer smoothly with the scroll. when I move over to the left, outside of the ladder the scroll wheel still moves the ladder. If I left click while over the "project workspace" the scroll wheel will move the workspace if it is needed. So I think OMRON PLC Program software CX-Programmer may be have some little fault.

I with a standard mouse moves the ladder on CX-Programmer smoothly with the scroll. when I move over to the left, outside of the ladder the scroll wheel still moves the ladder. If I left click while over the "project workspace" the scroll wheel will move the workspace if it is needed. So I think OMRON PLC Program software CX-Programmer may be have some little fault.

That is not a software fault but a standard windows feature where the section you wish to scroll has to be highlighted. Microsoft Outlook behaves in exactly the same way.

See the reply from Paulus above.

I use Microsoft LED mouse's with Windows XP Pro and have never had a problem at all. Bought a Logitec mouse and finished up throwing the damn thing in the bin.

i use Compaq pc with windows 98 and use a standar mouse.. and it can work properly..

yes i agree with paulus adn bob.. you must check your windows feature.

I was even tempted to buy a Wilkinson look alike doll but it did not work after the world cup!!!