Data Collection with Citect & Excel

mjm

I need to collect data from all the variables in my citect program. How do I set up an open button that when clicked will open an excel file and write the variable data and then close when I click a close button???

Thanks,

mjm

You'll need to write something in Cicode for this.

I've recently done a project writing variables to an .mdb database.

I did all the database comms using SQL in Cicode.

I'm afraid there's no quick and easy way.

JT :)

mjm said:
I need to collect data from all the variables in my citect program. How do I set up an open button that when clicked will open an excel file and write the variable data and then close when I click a close button???

Thanks,

mjm
You can get Citect to open just about any file. Flick through the example project to find a button that does it and dive in there to work out how.

If you are opening an Excel file and the data is stored in the PLC then you may be able to use DDE to retrieve the data from the PLC. You may need to spend money on a version of RSLinx that supports DDE.

Just food for thought, the Access Database option may still be best for you.