Interfacting Level Sensor to AutoPilot PLC

Theldon

Without having to put up a bunch of datasheets, the dilemna is to connect a level sensor up to an RTU/PLC. The level sensor emits a 4-20mA current based on the level of the liquid in a tank. The RTU/PLC takes in a 1v-5v signal. Could I simply just slap a 250ohm resistor in there to create a voltage drop resulting in the proper signal at the RTU/PLC? Or is there a better way?

Without knowing much about the controller you are using, the 250 ohm resistor should work at converting your signal from voltage to current.

In the future, it would probably be easiest to order the PLC with the mA input already configured.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,