Omron Internal Timers

Mwrinst

The Omron PLC CPM 2A-60 has a small glitch. When all the permissives are satisfied the long timer won't time down. When the timer bit is forced ON, the timer resets to zero. When releasing the force the timer won't reset the timer. If anyone has any information it would be appreciated. The location is in Iraq on a incinerator plant.

Did you assign the TIML function? This is an expansion function and needs to be assigned a function number before it can be used.

Check to make sure there is not another timer or counter with the same number, ie TIML XXX(timer number) YYYY(preset value) ZZZ(control word). The control word shows a three digit number, have you tried both with and without a #(pound sign). Only values 000 and 001 are valid.

I do not have a processor here to check. I will check in the morning to see if I can make the instruction work.

Thank you for responding to my post. Yes I did assign a TIML function. There are no timer with the same numbers, and I tried it with/without #. When I used the # the error read bad value. I tried manually putting in the value, but still the timers are not counting. All help is appreciated.

Ok, I set up a CPM2A processor and tried the TIML instruction, and it works.

What software are you using?

You will need to tell the plc to use the user expansion functions, not the default. Then download the Expansion function table (in program mode). Then you will need to download your program.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

I was putting the instruction in the wrong place. I am now able to work the program with your help. Once again thanks.