SLC 5/04 Comunication with RSLINX

Open RSlinx
Click "comunnications"
Select "Configure Driver"
Verify you do not already have a configured and running DF1 driver.
Select "RS232 DF1 Devices" from the list of available drivers.
Click Add New
Give it a name or leave it as is.
Click "Auto Configure".
Click ok
Close the configure drivers window.
Browse (rswho) by clicking the network looking icon on the upper left side of the rslinx screen.

If everything is kosher that is all you should need to do.

Do not connect the 1761-CBL-PM02 to the 5/04! The round mini-din connector on the 5/04 is DH+, not DF1 (RS-232); if you connect serially to that port on the 5/04, you may damage CH. 1 of the 5/04. Definitley use the 1747-CP3. The other cable you have is for MicroLogix PLC's.

Communication 5/04 with RSLinx RS232

We have just had a new piece of equipment installed at work fitted with 5/04 processor. All of our other processors are 5/03's. The 5/04 has a Panelview connected to the RS232 port. I wanted to upload the program to a laptop by unplugging the Panelview and using the RS232 port to communicate with the 5/04. I tried to configure the driver as I do with 5/03's in RSLinx but when I hit the Auto Configure button it doesn't want to know. Do I have to change any settings?
I know that there is an 8 pin socket that can be used if you have a card and lead but that costs over a £1000 which my company will not pay up for one processor.
Can anyone help me please.
Thanks
John

Whats the Cat. No ( part no.) of your Panelview. It might be a DH485 comm. model. In which case you will have to use a different driver for RSLinx.

Whats the part number of the Panelview

At a guess i would suggest the com port on the 5/04 and the panel view are DH485

Easy way round this if i am correct would be to add an AIC+ and then you can plug into the AIC+ to program both the 5/04 and the Panelview.

The AIC+ i refer to is an 1761-NET-AIC, that way you dont need to unplug the panelview to go online.

Some sample connections shown here.

Last edited: