Ibm Thinkpad With Lm90

labingtone

Hi folks,

We have IBM thinkpad R30 with a USB to RS232 Belkin converter model F5U103. The converter is assign at com3 then I configure the belkin Dos Emulator to Com3.

When I use Versapro ver 2.02 it communicate with the PLC. My problem is when I use versapro I have to upgrade the firmware of the (CPU331) PLC in order to download the program. And the company did not want to invest for the upgrade. This is the reason to retain the program using old LM90.
Unfortunately my LM90 ver 9.01 can not go online. Please suggest any possible solution to solve the problem.

many thanks,

lovington dela cruz

Correct. LM90 will run in a Windows 98 DOS window but you require a real serial port. GE maintain that they no longer support upgrades for LM90 and it has serious problems with W2K, ME and XP. Have not been able to get it ti work on any of these operating systems or on USB serial ports. If you can run it in the 98 DOS box, you could try a Wiretek USB/serial conveter. Found it the best yet.
beerchug

It is not entirely true that VersaPro files are incompatible with earlier firmware levels. The real issue is that there are some known problems with running VP programs on the old firmware. The most serious problem is that if you're monitoring a program with VP and you open up a window to look at the PLC fault tables, sometimes the CPU will stop executing the program. The ramifications of this are obvious.

VP software can be set up for one of three choices when you try to download to an early firmware version.

1. Unconditionally prohibit the download.
2. Warn you about the potential conflict.
3. Unconditionally permit the download.