AB SLC 5/05 update speeds with Kepware

mcvmjb

We use kepware as our OPC stanadard and we are currently experiencing slow update speeds to a SLC 5/05 over Ethernet to the tune of 6 secs per tag. We also connect to logix processors with no issues and even plc5 through a logix Dh Gateway over ethernet. The SLC communicates to an RSLINX OPC server without any delays but connecting through the same route using kepware gives delays of up to 6 seconds.....

Any Ideas ?

Is this an older 5/05 that will only do 10M/half-duplex, or a newer one that will do 10/100 autonegotiate? If it is one of the older ones, you will need to use a managed ethernet switch with the port connected to the SLC forced to 10M/half-duplex.

And it may well be a Kepware problem. I mentioned the stuff about the SLC and the switch because I have experienced similar behavior that was directly related to using an older 5/05 and an unmanaged switch. Just something else to consider/rule out.