Sort of OT...

Every panel we desine build according to that regulation.
Type of CBs and bus bars.
However we writh the SSCR in KA on the dwg.
I dont see any reson to write lable on the panle,from other hand there is no harm to do so.
The only benefit I can see to do so, is to remind the pepole to take that in their consideration.

One thing wasn't that clear to me.

It appears that you basically have to set the SCCR to the lowest component in the panel. Am I correct?

They mentioned current limiting devices being able to raise that number. Is this true? Any examples?

The SCCR is depend on the size of your transformer and the distance between your transformer to your panel.
If in the output of the trasformer the SCCR is 50KA and the distribute panel is closed to the transformer the the main CB on the panle would be 50-65KA.The sub branches CBs would be 50-35KA depend on how conservative you are.
If the distance of your control panle is less the 30 feet or so you need to make sure your CBs would fit to 35KA and above.
Current limitors come to cut the power when the SCCR go above certain current.
For example if you have CBs of 10KA and and your distance is 30 feet from your trasformer you must to backup this CBs by current limitor or by right fuses.
Evry CBs manufacturer supply table for that.Which help to get the right resolts.

It has been a requirement for quite many years in the EU to state what short circuit level a panel is designed for. It has to be labeled on the panel.
I actually thought that this was a requirement in the US as well. I am surprised that it is only being enforced from now on.