snake eyes on indramat power supply

kevintfa

We have a problem that occurs on our Indramat KVR 1.3-30-3 POWER SUPPLY'S. When the power to the unit is switching on and off frequently, we get a power failure and 2 blinking dots in the display window. Indramat responded by saying "we have never heard of this" The code is 01 power off, The only way to clear the blinking dots is to cycle power. This happens during set up when people are in and out of the light curtain and power is swithcing on and off frequently.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Similar problem with A/B 8720 Drive P.S.

When our safety personnel do their checks and go in and out of a particular safety zone, I get a fault that requires cycling power to clear. In my case, it's because the bus discharge resistor overheats from too frequent cycling. On my machine, the PS suppplies 600vdc to a bunch of AC drives including an 8720 spindle drive (50Hp servo). The solution from the mahine's OEM (which they implemented on another machine) was to keep the power supply powered up and isolate the 8720 drive from the motor via a big contactor. Your problem is most likely very similar in nature and the same type solution might apply.

Hope this helps.