SLC 500 Power Supply DC Output

vha23

I had a question about the +24 VDC output in the SlC 500 Power Supply ( 1746-P4 ). What is the purpose of this output? Can I use this output to power 2 24Volt DC encoders?

Thanks

According to the A-B website, the P4 puts out 1.0A @ 24VDC of "user power". Depending on what your sensors require, this should be more than enough.

In the past, I have used the output to power things like DTAM's, etc. without needing a separate power supply.

Similar Topics

If I were to download a program that had a tag called "Count" that had an initial value of zero, and I MOVed the value of a counter accumulator...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I am new to your site so please excuss the inexperience. I have a SLC 5/04 that loses its program everytime we cycle power on it...
Replies
Views
does anyone know where you can purchase a power supply for a 1747-L30B fixed hardware processor?
Replies
Views
Hi, Just one question about SLC500 memory. Few days ago I had long power loss in a plant and my PLCs were ofline for almost 1 hour. When a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I know this sounds weird, but that's exactly what we are looking for. Redundant Power Supply for SLC 500! Our scenario is that we have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom