Communicating with Micrologix 1500 and panelview from PC at same time

sparks636

Hey, I am super new to plc's and have a couple of questions. I was wondering if I can go online with my micrologix processor and my panelview at the same time. I have two channels on my plc CH0 and CH1, I have a cable d-type rs-232, for the panelview. I think I need to plug this into the PLC (ch0). And then I have a cable that goes into the serial rs-232 port (Ch1), and this plugs into the PC. I can get online with each of them seperatly, but I wanna know if I can see them in rs-linx at the same time. Any help will do.

Might be of no help.

I have not worked with the micrologix processor's form AB, but have used what sounds like the same setup with a PanelView and a SLC 500 networked togrther. At that time you had to use a PIC (personal computer interface converter) and plug into the panelview. This alowed you to see both the SLC and the panelview. I never tried plugging into the SLC, but do not see why it would not work. I know the SLC 500 and the micrologix processor are different, but this might give you an idea on what to do. I do not know if this helped, if not just disregard.

What is your Panelview's catalog number?

The only way I've been successfull with both showing up in a RSLinx window at once and still talking to each other is when both were a connected to a DH485 network. You'll need one, maybe two, 1761-NET-AIC adapters, and possibly a UIC interface, and some specific cables. On one panel I just finished, I got away with one AIC but the Panelview was a DH485/RS485 version.