Rsview Me User Account

JamesWSY

Hi..
I used RSView ME 3.20 and I want to add user account for setup parameter screen. How to do this?
Thank you.
James

James:

Are you asking how to add a User Account to a running RSView ME application?
If this is what you need, you will have to add the User Account and the security level needed to access the setup parameter screen to the original .med file. You will then have to create a new runtime (.mer) file and transfer the new file to the PanelView Plus.

Rick

I have to run RSView ME runtime on PC. I want to add user account for setup screen to prevent access from anauthorized. I tried to assign security level, say level A and add RSView user account, test application, it doesn't works. How to make it run?
Thank you for reply.
James

James,

Just to double-check that you were testing the application (and not the setup screen), did you click the icon that looks like the running man (and has the "Test Application tooltip)?

MEScreen.jpg

Rick

Yes, I used Test appl tool tip and same problem if I load .MERapplication file on RSView ME Runtime.
Thanks.
James

Ok it sounds like you are trying to access the Configure Mode. If this is the case, then you need to add a button to go to Configure Mode.

The Configure Mode screen does not have a security code of it's own.

Instead you can do one of two things (actually more but we'll focus on two).

#1 Create a new screen with the security code that you want to restrict your users.

Then add the Goto Configure Mode button to this screen. Now, only people with the right security can access this screen and the button.

#2 Put the Goto Configure Mode button on an existing screen. Assign visibility animation to it using the CurrentUserHasSecurityCode( ) parameter. Then like before only those with the proper security code will have that button available to them.

OG