Electric Motor Price List

eng_muslim

can anyone give me a link for a price list of 50HP 3 phase induction motors of differnt manufactures?i hope that this site omprove you with some technical data about each motor.

A 50HP motor will exceed UPS or Fedex weight, it will have to be shipped by freight.I doubt you will find a list of pricing for different manufacturers. The best thing to do is talk with your local suppliers and/or motor repair shops and get their pricing...if you deal regularly with either you may get a discount and quoted pricing good for several months if not longer.

For use with a VFD Variable Frequency Drive, or it can be used as a straight motor on 50 or 60 cycles.

Many motors are design for 60 cycles, and will not work at others. Some motors designed for 60 will operate at 50, obviously with a speed difference, but at considerably more heat.

I used to test the standby power generator at the Peoria IL Police Dept on load, and would ramp the speed up and down, cuasing the frequency to be at 57-63 cycles for a period of time.

I took out several Air Conditioning Compressor motors, a couple of small muffin fans, and a couple of motors in the 20 channel logging recorders. We tested once a month. The A/C guy figured it out, that whenever a motor smoked, I was there running the generator. On rare occasions, other techs ran the generator, but didn't understand the raise/lower switch, so the didn't touch it, and they didn't burn out any motors.

Sometimes too much knowledge is danderous. I really liked designing generator controls, but it was fun to start up a big genset and run it too!

regards.....casey

Last edited:
Just one more tought

Almost always people choose the ceapest motor. But it could be good idea to check efectiveness and calculate running costs for each solution. You can save some money even from 50HP motor.

I used to test the standby power generator at the Peoria IL Police Dept on load, and would ramp the speed up and down, cuasing the frequency to be at 57-63 cycles for a period of time.

I took out several Air Conditioning Compressor motors, a couple of small muffin fans, and a couple of motors in the 20 channel logging recorders. We tested once a month. The A/C guy figured it out, that whenever a motor smoked, I was there running the generator. On rare occasions, other techs ran the generator, but didn't understand the raise/lower switch, so the didn't touch it, and they didn't burn out any motors.
And you wonder why you can not find a job?

eng_muslim, read this paper on inverters and motors: http://www.patchn.com/mtrwhtpaper.htm
Then look at this paper on inverter rated motor wiring:
http://www.leeson.com/products/techref/iris.htm

eng_muslim said:
...what mean by Inverter Duty? ...

The principal difference between inverter duty and "standard" motors is the insulation. The output of VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) is non-sinusoidal, and includes very fast rise time pulses. This causes high frequency high voltage pulses that can burn through motor insulation, with obviously unhappy results. This phenomenon is often called "dV/dt" damage.

An inverter duty motor has insulation upgraded to better handle this problem. However, in the US VFD applications are so common that many manufacturers now have "inverter duty" as their standard motor.