GE 90/70 communications

Oboy

I'm running XP on my notebook and loaded the LM90 version 7.02 software. When I connect to the 90/30 PLC I don't get any communication. I took the processor to another customers facility that have GE PLC, and tested comms using my cable and their notebook. They were able to go online, so it appears the problem has to be with my notebook. Next, I disabled RSlinx thinking I might have a conflict with the comm port. Finally, I loaded the software on my desktop to see if it would work. Still nothing. I am not recieving any communication driver error messages on start up either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LogicMaster 90-70 (LM70) will not connnect to a 90-30, you will need LogicMaster 30 (LM30).

Similar Topics

Hello, I'm trying to delve a little into rs-485 communications for a couple projects of mine. Until now I've been using a delta vfd and a delta...
Replies
Views
Sorry if this has been asked before, and apologies if this seems like a trivial issue, but I am new to Beckhoff and have been banging my head...
Replies
Views
I have a curious question and I can't seem to find any information on it. I'm hoping I'm just overlooking something simple. I have 4 machines...
Replies
Views
Multiple PLCs in our plant communicate using either MSG instructions or Produce/Consume. Is there an industry best practice for documenting this...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I am looking for some help to get communications going through a Stratix 5700 with a NAT rule in it. I did not set the stratix up but I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom