Reliability of Weed Instrument's EOTec Fiber Optic Products

jddalley

I'm curious if any one has used Weed Instrument's fiber optic products to transmit Allen-Bradley ControlNet over fiber-optic as opposed to AB's 1786-RPA & 1786-RPFM units. Are Weed Instrument's products reliable.

The configuration I'm looking at using from Weed Instrument is as follows.

2A08 Power Supply Module
2C20 Electrical Interface Module (ControlNet)
2D36 Optical Interface Module (Single-Mode 1300nm)

To form repeaters I'll be using another 2D36 module.

Thanks,
Jason

Well, I haven't used them for ControlNet, but I have used many, many EOTec units for DH+ and Modbus+ and have had very good success with them. Just my two cents.

Similar Topics

I have come to the conclusion that ME datastore plus is not very reliable at doing what it is supposed to do. Please prove me wrong so that I can...
Replies
Views
I have been looking at trying a Compactlogix 5380 system with some point I/O attached to it, does anybody have experience with the newer 5380? I...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody! I always read this forum, but this is the first time I write here. I would like to ask you what do you think about reliability...
Replies
Views
I have a pin stamper to stamp a serial number & barcode onto parts. The serial number contains date and time among other things. Is the...
Replies
Views
Dear Sirs Currently we are evaluating a PLC architecture make up for Contrologix (ENBT) and ethernet Flex I/Os. We would like to know your...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom