Monitoring with actwin-e

popman

Hi.
I am programming an old EC2-D20HRP unit using Actwin-E.
When i try to monitor the program it seems like the computer
is messing up the information it gets from the plc.

An easy instruction like if i connect an input (X3) to a coil (M400) I see that the input is activated but the coil isn't.
Sometimes it works ok for a while then suddenly it stops working.

If i should use an output coil instead of the memory coil i the example above i see on te plc that the output is activated but in the pc its not.

Anyone know what ths problem is.

It's almost impossible to troubleshoot the program when it is like this.

Help me please.

Peter

Bit puzzled. I have not used this combination for some years now but have never had a problem anythinbg like this.

What version of Windows are you running? Do you have a real serial port?

I've tried both win98 and w2k.

It is a laptop i'm using and i think its a real com-port.

Peter

I never had any problems with 98 and a real serial port. Have not used it for years and never on W2K.