RSLinx Question

Rob D.

Here's the setup: I currently am connecting my laptop to my SLC5/03 PLC using RSLinx DF1 protocol over my serial port. It works fine.

Here's the question: Assuming the above setup, if I now have my laptop connected to other laptops via ethernet (which all have RSLinx) can I configure the other laptops to go online (thru ethernet connected to my laptop) with the PLC connected to my laptop (over DF1)?

The quick answer is "Yes"; the longer answer is "Yes....... if you're running RSLinx Gateway on the laptop with the DF1 connection." (Guess what, it costs more!)

Similar Topics

I'm having an issue where there is a yellow question mark for the 1756-enbt/a. I've installed the EDS file along with uploading eds from device...
Replies
Views
Hello, I entered my controller IP address as 192.168.1.100 (Local) for 1769-L33ER. It worked fine until couple month and found the controller kept...
Replies
Views
Hi community! Before I installed CCW my RSLinx was working fine, but after it, I cannot connect to some PLC's in the network and all the devices...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I know it is possibile to access data from a PLC directly to excel using a OPC link through RSLinx...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am going to try and lay out my situation as good as I can. Scenario: We have sites in different location across US that's running...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom