LogixPro Simulator question

SilverLoop

i have purchased the CD/Key version and was trying to get familiar with how to use the program. i have used an SLC500 in the past.

i noticed that when i open up the Data Table, i am not able to enter anything into the Symbol textbox.

how do you give meaningful descriptions to the I/O with this program?

i apologize for posting this question to this board, but i thought there would be many users of this program here.

Right-click on the instruction, and a right-click menu will open. Then click on 'Edit Symbol'....

okay, i see that now. i guess i was expecting to be able to just open up the Data Table and start assigning the I/O names in the Symbol textbox.

i could be wrong, but i think when i used the SLC500 a few years ago, this is what i did.

RSLogix is a program that costs about $600 to $1000 dollars and LogixPro is about $35 dollars. You will naturally find some things that are not like RSL.

randylud said:
RSLogix is a program that costs about $600 to $1000 dollars and LogixPro is about $35 dollars. You will naturally find some things that are not like RSL.

i understand. i just wanted to make sure i wasn't overlooking something with LogixPro.