RSView access to SLC-5/04 thru a Gateway

hhuong

Is there a way to configure an Ethernet I/P direct driver in RSView 32 to "drill-down" thru a 1756-ENBT to a 1756-DHRIO and access a 5/04 CPU on DH+? What Data Source (Direct Driver, OPC Server or DDE Server) I should use in the RSView Node Editor and How? When I try Direct Driver, I get "Unrecognized DTSA Structure" msg. in the Node Configuration tab of RSView.

Thanks for the help...

herbert

Yes, and no. Use the regualar AB Ethernet driver to accomplish that. the 5/04 doesn't understand CIP communications, but will do the encapsulated protocol with the AB-ETH driver.

Note that you need RSLinx for this, not Linx Enterprise.

I try to use Direct Driver as my Data Source. When I try to set up Node Configuration Tab, I get "Unrecognized DTSA Structure" Message during specifying the station.

Yes, I am running RSLinx. Make a topic with 5/04? I assume that it is DDE/OPC Topic Configuration, right? If so, is that mean I can create an OPC or DDE Topic and use it while I use Direct Driver as my data source?

Use "Remote devices via Linx Gateway" driver. You should have no problem. In fact this is a common way to bridge from E-net to DH+.

Here is the path of my network.

PLC5/30 -> PLc5/30 -> SLC5/04 -> DHRIO ChA -> Backplane1 -> ENBT -> Switch ->Laptop

Would you use Direct Driver, OPC server or DDE server as Data Source for my current network in order to optimize the performance of RSView32?

I am really confused how to set up OPC server and DDE server in RSLinx. Any Help??

Thanks