Instance data block

martin3885

Hi,
is ist possible to programm symbolic an instance DB. I mean if I open data block as an instance DB AUF DI10, and then I want to read a state of a bit 4.0 in this DB, I do: U DIX4.0. But what if I want to have not DIX4.0 but the name of this bit, just exactly as if I read it's status with U DB10.DBX4.0?

If I understand your question.

Make sure the instance data block has a name in the symbol table.
If you change the bit name (for example), this must be done inside the function block. It cannot be changed at the data block when its an instance DB.

Similar Topics

Hello all, Newbie in Siemens, I want to ask if there will be any issue when I download the instance datablock of a certain Function block? Also...
Replies
Views
I am trying to find a way to initalize all my STAT data inside a FB to zero every time I call the FB. I have created instance Data Blocks for...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I am not having any problem in accessing bool, real, int data types from a Data Blocks in Siemens PLC.... However I am not able to...
Replies
Views
Anyone tell me why this code comes up with an error, I'm trying to fill an array with a value, the array is in the stat section of the FB (60...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys. I got an FB1 with some different functions. one of them is to write a string to an Out. FB1 is called multiple times in FB2. In FB1 i...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom