Ground terminal block color

Platootod

Dear plcs.net friends,
Thanks a lot if you could find the solution of:
What is the standard color for ground terminals which electrical disconnect between the wire termination and the mounting rail?
(I am not sure between green,yellow-green, and yellow).
These terminal blocks are using in the electrical cabinet for instrumentation equipment (which control by PLC).

Solid Green is American, Green-Yellow was European but is becoming the standard. I like the Green-Yellow better because it stands out better than just green. I do not recall seeing Yellow only ground terminals.

Platootod said:
What is the standard color for ground terminals which electrical disconnect between the wire termination and the mounting rail?

Just to add a little something to Leadfoot's answer..

It seems from what you have written that you do not want the earth terminal type that electrically clamp the cable terminals to the DIN rail, as most standard 'earth' terminals do.

The wago 870 series green/yellow terminals do not connect the cable terminals to the DIN rail, these might be what you are after.

Paul

Hi Platootod,

The last job I did in your country used green/yellow striped ground terminals, and all the earth cores in the cables we used matched this. Whichever way you go (green or green/yellow), make sure these match. I think you will find worldwide that yellow/green is a more recognized standard than plain green.

Here is another source of information on colour types:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60446

Thanks a lot for all information that you did

Thanks a lot for all answer..
I ask this question because the user need green color for this job...(see picture)..
However,these ground terminal (green color) are electrically clamp the cable terminals to the DIN rail, as most standard 'earth' terminals do.(from Plucas ..explain)
So,I have to find another type of terminals that do not connect the cable terminals to the DIN rail (from Paul ..explain:ROFLMAO: )

I will try... from all recommend here.
Platootod

Platootod said:
Thanks a lot for all answer..
I ask this question because the user need green color for this job...(see picture)..
However,these ground terminal (green color) are electrically clamp the cable terminals to the DIN rail, as most standard 'earth' terminals do.(from Plucas ..explain)
So,I have to find another type of terminals that do not connect the cable terminals to the DIN rail (from Paul ..explain:ROFLMAO: )

I will try... from all recommend here.
Platootod

Why can't you use the bus bar type terminals that are at the bottom of the panel......just curious.

User specification

Dear Voltimus

Why can't you use the bus bar type terminals that are at the bottom of the panel......just curious

This panel use for petro chemical product .
User need special color for this type of terminal.
Thanks for your's idia.:D

platootod

Last edited: