design traffic light by word compare method

mubinulhaq

dear friends
i m students and trying some design work in my home i have RSLogics500 software.and slc 5/02 processor. if some can help me desighn it with 3 light,6 light ,and 6 light with delay green thank you

----green---/--amber--/--red-----------------

----red--------------------/green ----/amber-
/----/ green delay

A great way to learn this is through simulator that you can buy relatively inexpensive. In fact if you go into "Downloads" on this website there is at least one example of a "Logixpro" red/amber/green stop light program, although you will need to have Logixpro to run it.

Mike

mubinulhaq,

Look in the Downloads, Allen Bradley section. I now put the traffic light there. It has also been discussed many times before, but many of the guys think traffic lights are beneath contempt.

I think that the traffic light problem is a good economical student project, as it requires no input modules (unless you do the pedestrian walk sign option), and only 1 output module in a PLC to get a working traffic light.

Last edited: