Bar code reader/scanner

natarajand

Hai,

can you give some tips on how to inteface barcode scanner with AB or GE Fanuc PLC's setail and ethernet ports. what is the fucntion used for this communication. If possible any exe. program.

Hi

The easy way to do it is with ASCII since most of the scaneres use it and most of the PLCs have ASCII function.
I just did a project with baecode scanere with AD DL06 and it was very simple,I did something similar with Omrone before few years.
You have to make sure the PLC you going to use support ASCII functions.
Its one function that read ASCII and place the string where ever you want.
You can compare it with another ASCII string or convert it to Hex number.

Similar Topics

I am trying to connect the bar-code reader intermec sr61 with the micrologix 1100 but, the channel 0 indication is not blinking where the bar-code...
Replies
Views
We are using Sick CLX series bar code reader with AB 1746-BAS module in a outdated system . The processor is SLC 5/04.We want to revamp the system...
Replies
Views
I have a Keyence SR-710 Bar Code Reader and a Keyence N-UB Communication unit. It will read the bar code and turn on the success output every...
Replies
Views
I have had an interesting request from a customer. I have sold them a graphite based system and he was wondering if we can use a bar code reader...
Replies
Views
Can anyone give me a sample program to use with control logix to use this bar code reader to take readings when requested
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom