using siemens blocks in step s5

mehkocak

it is ok while we are writing our own pb and fb's but when we want to use the standart s5 blocks like in s7 how can we manage this in step5.

Sometimes they are integrated in the cpu; then first you have to upload them from your cpu to your pc. Second you 'call' them and give parameters to them in your program. If you open the FB itself, you will only see the parameter-names and types, ect. but you can not see the FB-code.

If not then you can always buy them from Siemens.

You need the correct headers. You have two ways:
1 Upload the standard S5 blocks from a true CPU.
2 Write an emptie blocks with a header equal to standard block if CPU have one of them.

Last edited:
thanks for answer but there is sth more for example if we have an *s5d program that contains standart blocks in it.
is it possible to use them in new program and if yes how.

Transfer the standard block FBXXX to your program with the command: BLOCK \ TRANSFER \ FILE-FILE

Then call the block in your program with:
JU FBXXX
and parametrize it.