Slc 5/03

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
I would like to remove a module I/O card from a rack without deleting the code or the I/O configuration for this card without getting a fault message from the CPU.

Is this possible?

You can inhibit I/O modules selectively in RSLogix 500. Missing modules that are inhibited do not fault the controller.

Go to the controller organizer, to Processor Status, and then the 'IO' tab. By default all the slot enable bits are set to 1; just set the one you want to disable to zero.

Remember also that SLC modules cannot be removed under power. I've seen a few ControlLogix users forget that the SLC can be damaged if the backplane is disconnected under power.

Thanks Ken!

If I still use them IO points in the program what will they show?

Say I use I:2/0 in the logic but have disabled the #2 slot. What will its value be?

Always de-energised?

Last edited:
They show the last state they were in. You can monitor these inputs and set or reset them to whatever state you want.

Ken,

Thanks a ton for that info. I guess you learn something new every day. I was cursing AB the other day since I got spoiled with the inhibit module functions in RSL5K, didn't know you could do it with a SLC.