S7400 programming question

Cundalini

Hi folks,
I wonder if anyone can help me with a programming problem.
I am using an S7400 and what I'd like to do is use the day of the week (Sunday) to perform a particular reset. Is such a thing possible and how would I go about it?
Specifically, each Sunday I want to store a portion of a data block in another memory area using SFC20 (Block move).
Thanks all
Cundalini

Cundalini,

What you want to do is very much possible.

You can use SFC1 to read the real time clock and extract the day of the week from that or you can use the local data from OB1 (OB1_DATE_TIME).

The date_time format is 8 bytes long. The day of the week is store in the 4 LSB of the 8th byte.

If you search this forum for the key words SFC1 or DATE_TIME you should get plenty of hits that explain how to read the informtion you require.

Paul