rs 5 logix

ryanrope

programming a 1969 ford thunderbird tail lights. after 2 sec first one on the 2 sec second one on and 3 secs third one on. so after the complete 6 secs all lights will be on.i' using the rslogix 5 computer program.

Last edited:
Greetings ryanrope,

do you want hints - or just the answer? ...

hint method 1 ... look at the SQO instruction ...

hint method 2 ... try a TON timer and drive the lights with compare instructions (example: GRT, GEQ, etc.) ...

hint method 3 ... each lamp gets its own TON timer rung ... when the first lamp comes on, it starts the next timer ... then when the second lamp comes on, it starts the third timer ... etc. ...

what have you tried so far? ... post your existing code and we'll help you debug it ...

Last edited:
This is a method using compares....NOTE it is a very simple example and just shows how to turn on the lights, you will have to experiment and determine how to turn them off....also note a (L) does not have to be used. The timer used will reset it self after 7 seconds, it was not necessary to reset the timer but I did it to show you one method or self resetting. I did this with RSLogix500 so the addressing may be a little different.

lights1.jpg

Mid term already???

What have they been teaching these guys?

Out old State Logic classes taught basics in the morning, practiced all afternoon, able to write programs solo the next day.

Granted, you weren't ready for 10,000 rungs, but gee whiz...

Even the basic 9030 classes had you writing programs same day.

Maybe these new fangled solid state PLC's are just ore complicated.

The old vacuum tube models Tom and I learnt were purty simple!

I'm gonna be performing surgery next week, can anyone tell me what an a-p-p-e-n-d-i-x is?

Oh, and I don't need to know how to "do surgery on it" just show me what it looks like when I am supposed to be done.

Tuition is a terrible thing to waste

OG

thanks man i just needed i bit of a start
im now doing a 24 hour clock using the same program. which will show on the LED display in hours and minutes i can use only one ton

Ryan,

Do you even read your textbooks?

Seriously though, you can find the temperature conversion formula on the net.

As far as the display using 1 timer, I will give you a hint. It can be done with 1 timer set in the second time range in conjuction with counter instructions.

David