omron cpm2c help

timL

I need help to program a CPM2C-20CDTC-D to drive a step motor and a air cylinder.
The process is simple, but I have not done any ladder programming before, any help will be appreciated.

inputs: push button momentary switch for "on"
optoelectric sensor for motor "home" position
possible 2 limit switchs for air cylinder position
output: 24v signal to pneumatic valve1
24v signal to pneumatic valve2
a pulse train to a step motor drive
signal for motor enable/disable

process:
1. start when "on" button is pressed, latch on
2. set pulse frequency (speed) and pulse counter steps)
3. step motor homing
4. set counter n=18
5. while counter n>0
6. delay 1 sec
7. switch on valve1 to push a part into position
8. delay 10 sec
9. switch off valve1
10. switch on valve2 to retreive the part
11.delay 1 sec
12. send a pulse train to step motor drive
to turn the motor 20 degree
13. counter n=n-1
14. loop back to 5
15. when n=0, release latch, stop.

may be some indicator lightson off can be added. I hope some one have more experince can help me out. Thank you for reading.

timL,

I would start out looking at the CPM2C programming manual. You can download it at www.knowledge.omron.com. You want the W353 manual (it covers the CPM1(A)/CPM2(A and C) and the SRM1).

There are good examples of pulse control in the manual.

Wiring and hook up information is in the W356 manual, this is specific to the CPM2C.

Hope this will help, and Good Luck.

While your project need is not extremly complicated, you may want to consider a simpler project as your first step. Or, most good Omron dealers offer 1 or 2 day basic programming classes.

Thank you all for the advice. Unfortunately I am kind of busy at work and do not have time to attend the class. I am just keep reading the materials you recommended. It is a little bit stiff learning curve for a beginer. I need this up and runing soon.

Tim

Hello everyone:

I wrote a simple program to make my small machine to run in a open loop using CPM2C's PULS(65)/SPED(64) pualse output instruction pair. It worked. However it some times jerk a bit when it stop that cause over shoot. I try to use PULS(65)/ACC(--)instruction pair to run it in independent mode with trapezoidial acceleration/deacceleration.

I simply put the PULS/ACC pair in the place where PULS/SPED pair used to be, But the program stop working. I mapped ACC(--) to expansion instruction ACC(87) and set all parameter according to the manual(p119-123). I post the section of code here, could anyone here help me to find what is wrong.

Thank you.

I noticed that when I transfer my program to the PLC (a CPM2C) a error message pop up saying" failed to transfer expension instruction to PLC, check for DIP switch setting in front of PLC".

I set both SWC1 and SWC2 in ON position initially, then I tried to set them in all 4 combination but the eror message keep pop up. I suspect this may be the reason ACC(87) does not run. Anyone have any idea please help.

Thank you.

Hello Tim L,

Have ALL expansion instruction 'slots' been allocated an instruction?
I seem to remember there being a problem if any of the expansion 'slots' were left empty. (just allocate any old instruction to the empty ones!).

Hope this helps

Make sure you have 'User Settings' selected.
cpm2set.JPG

Also cycle the power to the PLC after changing your settings.

Hi Paulus and IO Rack. Thank you for the quick responds.

I tryed both as you recomanded--- "fill all empty slot" and check "user settings" but I still het that error message, to be exactly:

"Failed to down load the expension functions, check the PLC switch or settings", "Down load failed"

Of cause, the program does not run.

If I do not use ACC(--) instead using SPED(64), although I still get the above error message when transfer program to the PLC, runs well. Did you look at my program? Any other ideas?

Again thanks for the help