1770-KFD driver

dhamgunde

Hi,

I am new user to AB PLC.
I am trying to add 1770-KFD driver through RSLinx but it is not being shown in the configured drivers list. What could be the reason?
I am following the following steps.
1. Open your RS LINX program
2. Select Communications
3. Select Configure Drivers
4. Select Available Drivers
5. Select Add New
6. Select 1770-KFD
7. Click OK (But 1770 is not listed in the configured list)​
8. Click Close​
10. Minimise (but do not close) the RS LINX program
11. Open your RS NETWORX program​
12. Click on Go online​
13. Brouse for the network opens but 1770 driver is not seen in the list.​
Please Help.​
I have connected 1770 to the RS233 port and one device on the devicenet network.

thanks
Regards
sanjay

The point at which the procedure is not working is this:

6. Select 1770-KFD
7. Click OK (But 1770 is not listed in the configured list)

There should have been a popup window in between those steps in which the text "Initializing the selected DeviceNet Interface".

Usually you are then asked to name the driver, and then it's available.

If the driver cannot be initialized (no network power, wrong serial port specified, etc), then the driver configuration does not complete and the driver is not available for use.

Double-check your connection to the network and that the KFD driver is set to the same data rate and a unique Node number.

There are a couple of RA Knowledgebase documents on this topic: P22554033 and G18550. Search for those document numbers at support.rockwellautomation.com.

Ken Roach said:
The point at which the procedure is not working is this:

6. Select 1770-KFD
7. Click OK (But 1770 is not listed in the configured list)

There should have been a popup window in between those steps in which the text "Initializing the selected DeviceNet Interface".

Usually you are then asked to name the driver, and then it's available.

If the driver cannot be initialized (no network power, wrong serial port specified, etc), then the driver configuration does not complete and the driver is not available for use.

Double-check your connection to the network and that the KFD driver is set to the same data rate and a unique Node number.

There are a couple of RA Knowledgebase documents on this topic: P22554033 and G18550. Search for those document numbers at support.rockwellautomation.com.
Thanks Ken,
After step 7 it pops up window to give KFD-setup where it asks for serial port set up andd baud rate as weel devicenet mac id and baud rate.
After setting this ank clicking ok one more window pops up saying initializing the selected devicenet interface. but the device is not added in the configured driver list.

regards
sanjay

Is there another driver configured in Linx to use the serial port the KFD is connected to? From personal experience I have found that you have to delete all other serial drivers in Linx before trying to set up the driver for the KFD. Hope this helps.

Patrick

sportster said:
Is there another driver configured in Linx to use the serial port the KFD is connected to? From personal experience I have found that you have to delete all other serial drivers in Linx before trying to set up the driver for the KFD. Hope this helps.

Patrick
Hi Patrick.

Thanks.
When I click on go online in RSNetworx it shows 'Linx GAteway ethernet'in choose path for desired network. But it is not seen in the confugured driver list in RS Linx. Does this mean 'Linx GAteway ethernet' is confured? How can it be deleted?

regards
sanjay

sanjay,

The serial drivers I was refering to were the ones in Linx. You should see them when you open up the configure drivers window. They would show up as DH485 or a DF1 driver or something of that nature. Any driver you would use when connecting to a PLC with a serial cable. Delete any of those drivers and then try to install the KFD driver. Or, as a last resort; document settings that you can for the drivers already configured and delete them all.

The window in RSNetworks you are refering is there to pick which driver you want RSNetworks to use to communicate. Once the KFD driver is setup in Linx, then you can select the same driver in the RXNetworks window. Hope this helps.

Edit: Don't worry about the Linx Gateway showing up the RSNetworks window. The Gateway is just a part of Linx. I'm not even sure what it does or if it can be deleted. Work on getting the KFD setup in the Configure Drivers window. Once it is configured and running; it will show up in the RXNetworks window.

Patrick

Last edited:
1747-sdn

Hi,

Can Anybody help me to chnage the MAC ID of devicenent master. I am using SLC 500 PLC with 1747-SDN devicenet master. It has default mac id of 63. How can I change it to say "2"

Regards
sanjay

In the RSNetworx for DeviceNet software, you can change the Node Number of any software-settable device (including the 1747-SDN) from the General Properties tab for that device.

You can also use the Node Commissioning Wizard, invoked from the toolbar menu in RSNetworx or as a standalone program via the Start menu.

The RSNetworx for DeviceNet software comes with a slideshow tutorial (look for *.PPS files in the Program Files / Rockwell Software / RSNetworxII directory) that addresses many of these simple "how do I" questions.

Can I go back to the earlier problem. I have the 1770-KFD drivers downloaded as does my coworker and I can open up RSLinx, under configure drivers select available devicenet driver as "devicenet drivers". After add new I get a drop down list showing the 1770-KFD where my coworker only shows the 1784-PCIDS. Any suggestions here.

Check following:
1. At least one slave is connected to devicenet network
2. Baud rate setting of the slave matches to the baud rate of the driver's being configured.
3. Devicenet power supply (24V DC)

Regards
Sanjay

Thanks for the reply. After discussions with Rockwell tech support, my coworker found that even after running the driver exe, that a file was missing and would not load without admin privileges. Our IT had to become involved and add a file to the registry.