RSLogix5000 Message Control Tags

onurich01

Where is the information for RSLogix Message Control tags stored. Some of the information is accessable but some is not. I recently developed a control tag shell, and built 2 programs into when(one task, 2 programs). The messages were configued in the programs, and the message tags(have to be controller tags) were configured to match. When the program was built and I clicked on the elipsis button the message was a "CIP Generic" instead of the "PLC 5 Write" I had configured. I believed that I had found a work around when I reconfigured the messages and then stripped the programms out of the shell. But when I DL to the PLC I found that the tags were really not changed. We will be doing this in more applications, and I need to find a way to ensure that our controlled software really is controlled when we build each project.

Right click on the message tag in the tag browser.

Select "Go to Message Properties", somewhere in the middle of the popup menu.

Was this what you're looking for?