Data from AutoCAD

Alex Pel

Does anybody now how to extract data from AutoCAD?

I would load labels directly from AutoCAD drawing to the thermo printer.

Thank you.

Alex, I am not a lisp guru by any means, but you will need to have a block defined called something like wire_number. The block will consist of an attribute named something like wirenum and an insertion point. Then your lisp program needs to scan the drawing for all occurences of the wire_number block and extract the text from the wirenum attribute. As I said, I'm not a lisp expert, but hopefully that will steer you in the right direction. Maybe someone else here has more experience with lisp.

Never used a lisp routine, but i did stumble across the 'eattext' command. Once you have the variables/data in attribute form, you can easily extract into table form using excel and others......

Hope this helps ;)

Alex Pel said:
Does anybody now how to extract data from AutoCAD?

I would load labels directly from AutoCAD drawing to the thermo printer.

Thank you.

You can export data to an Excel file using AutoCad Electrical.