Using AB6200 in Win2k

ScotSHO

I've searched for this topic, but I haven't found a good answer yet.

Has anyone had any luck running AB6200 in Win2k? I have old plants running 6200 logic and if I convert them to RSLogix5, I loose all of the rung comments. I have ~400 rung comments, and they get all mixed up once you open the program with RSLogix5.

I can get 6200 to open and run in a DOS box, but I cannot open a *.af5 file, the program crashes or it cannot find any files. All I want to do is view and/or modify logic offline, I don't need to go online using AB6200 on this machine.

So either I want to run 6200 or convert the old 6200 files and get all of my rung comments in the right place. Any help would be appreciated.

I am not aware of a solution for you with the AB6200. But, FasTrak has n application that still works in Win2000 or XP, and will very likely convert your comments OK. Feel free to call or email me to discuss.
[email protected]
262.238.8088 x1054

Do you know what version of 6200 you have? It seems as though there was a specific version (the last version!) you needed to use.

For some reason version 5.44 jumps into my head, but the last reference I see is version 5.32. So my guess is anything version 5.32 or newer.

OG

I've run 6200-PLC5 version 5.32 in Windows 2000SP4. It works OK, thought access via DH+ and the RSLinx driver is slower than RSLogix 5.

You could post your 6200-PLC5 files here and folks might find a way to make the comments come out correctly.