mov in 500

plcnewbie

This should be easy but I usually use 5000. I am using a bit to reset a counter, which I have set up in a CDM and after changing it to a 1 to reset the counter I am tired of changing it back to the 0 to start over the count. I have decided to put in a mov instruction at the end of this rung to mov in a 0 to the bit, but it says it must be specified to the word level.

My bit is say, b3/10 and I want to mov a 0 to it if it becomes a 1 so what am I missing?? I am sure it is just a brain **** on my behalf but would appreciate a quick slap in the face.

Thanks alot

Last edited:
bernie, Thanks alot I have read tons of threads on these boards and after posting this simple question ( right after in fact),I did what I should have done in the first place, which is search for past questions that were similar. Man, I really need to learn to start doing that. Mov is more clear to me now in slc500 and your little trick is perfect as well.

Thanks again and sorry for not looking first.

darrenj, I in fact am using the res but I want to be able reset it anytime I want to by way of a toggle but want it to toggle back off.

So my line if I can do it right in plain text is like this, bear in mind this is all one line.

toggle
[B3/1]---------------------[-Res ct.acc]
[ct.dn]---------------------[unlatch B3/1]

Thanks again Bernie, I didnt know I could use the unlatch to do this.