example of Block Transfer for Slc 500

Snide

I have found information on block transfers on the AB website, but no examples of the BTR instruction. I just found... copy, moves etc. does anyone have examples of the Block transfer instruction?? That could help me learn how information is brought in and transferred and how the BT works. Thank you, Amy

A Block Transfer Read (BTR) is used when a remote device transfers data to the SLC over the AB RIO link.

Jesper

how do i know if it is a series c processor? I'm very new to PLC's

if you have the software handy, try this ...

amy.JPG

no offense intended - but if you’re really new to PLCs then you probably don’t need to be worrying about Block Transfers just yet ...

are you just curious and trying to learn about them - or do you have a project which involves their use? ... if it’s a project, then I suggest that you post a list of the exact model numbers, etc. of the equipment involved ... the more we know about your system, the more detailed help we can give you ...

hint: if you post that list, try to include every conceivable number available ... in many cases, they are ALL important ...