Square D symax

NorthControl

Hi!

I was just wondering if there currently is a big market for Square D symax plcs out there. We just removed the last of these lovely (no, they are not lovely.....just very rugged :nodi: ) plcs from our plant.
We have now stacked away plenty of these, and i just think that it is to bad to throw away these plcs.

We are about the only user of these plcs in this country, so i have to ask globally if there is an extent use of this equipment (still).

Sounds like a nice E-Bay product. There are quite a few still being used in the US, although I can't say how many. There are some around my local area.

North, it palls to throw good working PLC's away doesnt it - but be brave - bung it in the bin.
I threw some of the exact same model away a few years back. I kept the hand held programmer though. Its never been used since and probably never will be.

I have a brand new (well never been used - maybe not new) Toshiba EX100 PLC with 4, 32 input units and 2, 32 output units still on my shelf.
I know I have to be brave and throw that in the bin too. (Unless someone wants to travel to Yorkshire and pick it up for free)

Ok, i guess the bin is what wants this stuff the most! :mad:

After all the oldest parts are around 10 yrs, so it would not be an option to use this in a new installation. But as spare parts it must be great, since those parts are not exactly free....

North, In the US, there are still users of the old Symax Square D. I suggest as RSDORAN mentioned. Contact Radwell International - plccenter.com, and they will buy what you have. You will at least get something for them, or give them to Radwell and have them pay for the shipping.

North:

I picked up a plc off e-bay because I wanted somthing to learn on. I surely couln't afford to buy one new just for home projects and the learning experince. The cost just couldn't be justified. Try e-bay. Someone will want one. And if they don't sell, oh well...chuck it in the bin. =]