changing of parameters in the user program

bahman

Hi everybody.

A few days ago, one of our system doesn't work (foam system) and its related person that working with this system claim someone has been changed some parameters but i think himself do that for play for us becouse he has facilities (PG) and very easy for him to change parameter but my question is how we change parameters in the plc and thay have protection or no?

Best Regards,

Bahman

bahman,

When you state 'changing parameters' I assume that you mean someone has changed the logic running in your PLC.

The logic can be changed by going onlne with the correct software and making a change online, or changing the program offline and downloading the changed block to the PLC.

S7 PLC's will only be protected if it is setup in the hardware configuration, so the initial programmer would have needed to set this up.

If you can go online with the PLC and read and write to it without being asked for a password then the PLC is not protected in any way.

Does this answer your question? If not please ask more.

Paul

Pretected FC-function for all-parameters. Also user parameter limits (tags in HMI) for user parameters (tag in HMI) and cheking on every program scan. Function overwrites every parameters in every Program scan, so from VAT-table etc. are eliminated.

Last edited:
thank you pual,do you help me for use of PG?
PLucas said:
bahman,

When you state 'changing parameters' I assume that you mean someone has changed the logic running in your PLC.

The logic can be changed by going onlne with the correct software and making a change online, or changing the program offline and downloading the changed block to the PLC.

S7 PLC's will only be protected if it is setup in the hardware configuration, so the initial programmer would have needed to set this up.

If you can go online with the PLC and read and write to it without being asked for a password then the PLC is not protected in any way.

Does this answer your question? If not please ask more.

Paul