cheapest PLC?

girevik

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheapest PLC with atleast one analog input and atleast one analog output.. I'm currently thinking about AB MicroLogix 1200 + additional combo 2 Analog inputs + 2 analog outputs...

it costs about 350$ (used)

are there any cheaper?

if anyone have something used for sale, that would be great...

thanks

There are three micrologix 1000 fixed IO models with built in analog inputs and outputs.

Do you have the programming software already? Figure that into your cost otherwise.

Alaric said:
There are three micrologix 1000 fixed IO models with built in analog inputs and outputs.

Do you have the programming software already? Figure that into your cost otherwise.

I was thinking about those ML100 too (since they are around same costs), but I have read that they does not have PID controls functional bloks, but 1200 does have....
is it so?

thanks

Andrey,

Marc here. Go with the DirectLogic DL06 for your learning. PID, analog combo cards available, give me a PM on here if you get the chance.

CroCop said:
Andrey,

Marc here. Go with the DirectLogic DL06 for your learning. PID, analog combo cards available, give me a PM on here if you get the chance.
thanks for advice., pm has been sent

I agree that the DL06 offers more features and worth the extra cost. All the manuals and pricing for the Automation Direct products can be found and/or downloaded from their website. The information for making the programming cable is available too.

If you have RSLogix500 then the ML may be OK but if you do not have it the Starter version is approximately $500. DirectSoft for the DL05 is $99, DL06 is $149 and full version for all products is $405.

Yes the DL05 has PID, this is the manual and its in Chapter 8:
http://web3.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/d0user/dl05.pdf

The Russian representative is here: http://www.plcsystems.ru/

Last edited:
rsdoran said:
I agree that the DL06 offers more features and worth the extra cost. All the manuals and pricing for the Automation Direct products can be found and/or downloaded from their website. The information for making the programming cable is available too.

If you have RSLogix500 then the ML may be OK but if you do not have it the Starter version is approximately $500. DirectSoft for the DL05 is $99, DL06 is $149 and full version for all products is $405.

Yes the DL05 has PID, this is the manual and its in Chapter 8:
http://web3.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/d0user/dl05.pdf

The Russian representative is here: http://www.plcsystems.ru/

thanks for the info! btw on the russian web-site they charge almost two times more than there in the USA...:mad:

What's difference between DL 05 and DL 06? is that number of I/O and additional slots only?

thanks

Last edited:
I doubt it will be cheaper because of tariffs imposed, thats usually why the cost is more in other countries. If you go that route then determine what the tariff will be...NOTE shipping anywhere you should have insurance in case of damages and that means pricing it which gives them a base to use for the tariff.

You may want to look at Siemens S7-200, they offer a starter package with software, cable etc which is not expensive AND there may not be tariffs involved.

The thing to do is locate the Russian representatives for the major brands and see what you can obtain.

Another place to check is www.plccenter.com, they sell surplus and used plc's at approximately half price. Again there may be a tariff imposed when shipped, I am sure there will be one if shipped from the US.

I mention this because I have sold internationally off ebay and ran into that issue.

do you mean tariff to be paid in the USA or in the Russia?
and is there any place where I could found such tariff quotes?

thanks!

girevik said:
What's difference between DL 05 and DL 06? is that number of I/O and additional slots only?

If this is to be a learning tool then you really want the DL06. There's so many differances it's hard to list them. But they include the second port RS 422 & 485, a larger instruction set, non-volitle user memory, more expandability, clock-calander, and so on.... Way more then twice the PLC for twice the price....