MELSEC communication

indra

I have many PLC MELSEC type A2N, A3N,A2A,A1S etc. At the moment I just bought the software GX DEVELOPER Ver 8.0 and I have one desktop in the control room. I want to check the ladder for troubleshooting of these some PLC in one control room but I do not know IS THERE ANY COMMUNICATION LINK CONVERTER FOR MELSEC PLC THAT CAN BE INPUTTED FROM 4 CPU ( for example and more capacity will be better ) AND THE DISTANCE OF 3 OTHERS CPU from the DESKTOP is ABOUT 50 METER. Does ony one knows what I have to use to collect these 4 CPU that has difference program but I can check for troubleshoooting from this only one DESKTOP and I only choose which program that I want to check from my control room, without I have to go the each CPU.

indra

Ethernet

What about ethernet - serial port converter? Serial ports to hook up on the ethernet.
4 ports and 4 programming cables. Unless you get RS 485 serial ports.

Thank you for your info. Could you plase inform me the type of the cable and how does it work ? Is it working with selectro switch to choose the MELSEC PLC program that I want to check or I have to use the software for choosing ?

indra

Not that I know off, but one way round it is to fit Net modules on each plc, connect them with 2 wire link, make one plc the master then connect this master to the PC using an SC09 type cable, you could then monitor any of the plc's via patchthrough as the net modules allow this.
you would need to set each stations address & also set this in the source file you have for each plc program in gx Dev.

You can use SC09 + Ethernet Serial server from: Lantronix or Moxa or Atop, they also have wireless serial server. The Serial Server make virtual serial port at com3 to com10

Sam
PT. Sahabat Prima, Jakarta