Could someone help me on S7 315-2DP comm with Simoreg DC Drive (Profibus)

keahock

hello,I am quite new on S7 PLC & Profibus.Recently have 1 project that use S7315-2DP comm with Simoreg DC drive 6RA7.Which I totally lost because I just can up to the local I/O sequencing & remote I/O sequencing.Is it possible anyone can help or have any ref program that can give it to me .the function I need just to start the drive & control speed setpoint of it.TQ!my e-mail:[email protected].
TQ very much

/need help on S7315 to multi unit Micromaster

hello,
Regarding the comm with the Micromaster & PLC S7-300 ,it is successful,but for Simoreg DC,it is not ready to test yet.Another things is,for use of 4 units of Micromaster,is it we use back the same DB for transfer data?
Please help TQ

thanks,
& another things is the MM440 VFD comm with S7-315-2DP,comm is ok & without error.but when I sending data to the MM440 ,seem the MM440 not functioning,like Start or speed reference,but I can monitor from the DB & all the data send to DB but don't know why the data can't reach MM440.
Is it we need to transfer the data in DB to the MM440?
The function send is write in OB1 like L DB1.xxx then T drive addres ?
but from the example given at PPO4 that you recommend all the send /receive function done in FB is it?
or maybe can someone explain hoe the things works correctly or maybe can send me 1 more example file for ref because still confusing on the actual work?
part I using is s7-315-2DP (6ES7-315-2AG10-0AB0)
local input (6ES7-321-1BH02-0AA0)
MM440 VFD (6SE6400-1PB00-0AA0)
YOUR HELP IS VERY IMPORTANT & I REALLY APPRECIATE FOR IT,tq tq!

There's a sample for the MM4 drive under samples.
Be sure to look at the setup of the hardware config. too.
This block transfers 4 words of read and write.

Take a look at the two little LED's on the CB , are the lit , flashing etc ?

Have you configured the start PIW and PQW addresses in the hardware config and if so have you used the same numbers on the outside of the control block ?

You definitely can't use the same DB for each block , you need to use individual instance DB's , or call as multi instance in an FB and generated 1 instance DB for the FB .

In Side Data Block How Can We Made Word(16bit)

hello every body i am a new user of s7 PLC system
iam very confused whats is a DB And In side DB How Many Words And Byte And Bits
and its Adressing Some time We Write Address For Exapmle

DB3.DBX15.0

here i add a network block
of shift register

A M 97.3
JNB _003
L W#16#1
L MW128
SRW
T MW128
_003: NOP 0

HOW AN I ADD MY WORD(16BIT) IN MY DB OR OR OR
ALL DB AUTO GENRATE IN PROGRAME
PLEASE TELL ME
I AM VERY THANKS FULL TO YOU
ALL
THANKS

hello zafarltc;

First, When you need to ask a new question, start a new post, please; inserting you request in an ongoing discussion will help neither you nor the other participants.

You seem confused about many basic S7 programming issues. I can start by suggesting the following site, where you will find tutorials on S7-300 programming issues; Section B4, for example, is dedicated to Data Blocks:
http://www.automation.siemens.com/fea/html_76/down_module.htm

To give you a quick answer on your first question:
whats is a DB And In side DB How Many Words And Byte And Bits
Data memory in a S7 PLC is of 2 kinds: defined (input table [Ix.x], ouput table [Qx.x] and flag table [Mx.x]) and undefined: what can be accessed in Data Blocks.
A data block is a structure defined by the user (you, in this case) to group registers required for a specific function. If you want to control a motor, for example, you might need:
-a Start bit
-a Stop bit
-an alarm bit
-an overload bit
-a motor speed feedback signal
-a bearing temperature register

In S7 philosophy, you would create a DB for this in this way:
Create_DB.jpg

The absolute name (address) of the DB is DB1, and the offset address of each element of the structure is shown in the left-hand column.
So you can use absolute addressing of the Overload and Alarm bits in DB1 this way:

Address_DB_Absolute.jpg

Or you can assign a Symbol (TEST_MOTOR) to DB1, and use symbolic addressing of the same Overload and Alarm bits this way:

Address_DB_Symbolic.jpg

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited: