MSG in RSLogix5000

Keldog

Could someone explain what the Destination Link and the Source Link mean in a message instruction.

Destination Link
Link ID of Remote DH+ Link

Source Link
Link ID of Local DH+ Link

your help is greatly appriciated...

These are only relevant if you're message has to "bridge" from one DH+ network to another (e.g. via DH or DHII). If the node you're communicating with is on the same physical network as the CLX, then enter 0 (zero) in both link ID fields.

Similar Topics

My question is regarding RSLogix5000"s MSG instruction. I am an automation tech. Our "Start_Command" bit turns on a motor. At one point, the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys! I've been asked to make a simple interface to change parameters in a VFD (Danfoss), it is quite simple done using the MSG instruction...
Replies
Views
I'm using a SLC typed write from the ControlLogix5572 to the MicroLogix 1400, with path: 2, (MicroLogix IP). The ControlLogix equipment has a...
Replies
Views
I have an 1769-L16ER that I use to test code and I just found that I can't create MSG tags at the local program scope - they have to be done at...
Replies
Views
I have a client who periodically experiences network communication issues. Sometimes when I VPN into the site, their SCADA systems will flash comm...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom