RSView ME Test

nakedpanic

I'm trying to test run a RSView ME application on a development PC over a ControlNet network. I'm not sure what I need in the local path of RSLinx Enterprise to use with the 1784-PCC card the dev PC has.

Thanks,
Karl

Are you using the test application function of RSView Studio or are you trying to "test the application" by running it as an RSView ME runtime file?

The local tab should be the path to your processor via the driver you are using to communicate with.

"The Local tab area provides a local workstation view of the system similar to RSLinx 2.x. In other words it displays configured drivers on this workstation and the devices with which this workstation can communicate. It is online-enabled, which means it is capable of browsing attached networks and automatically discovering devices (note the online mode and browse status indicators at the bottom of the tab).
The tab presents a communications tree control, which shows active networks and devices. The tree can be expanded or collapsed by clicking the + or - signs, respectively. "

I don't see a 1784-PCC driver in the list. I've tried the other 1784 CNET drivers and nothing came up when browsing. I am seeing all the nodes without a problem using RSLinx Enterprise, since I am online with a Controller.

Yes. But on a browse nothing is showing. Could this be interfering with RSLinx Gateway, since I am using that to communicate with the same controller already at the same time, but using RSLogix 5000. I will try to stop that when I get a chance.

For testing purposes, you should be able to create a connection to your RSLinx Gateway (OPC) server in your application. I believe that with this connection established, you should be able to communicate with the controller...provided that you have an RSLinx Gateway topic with the same name as the RSLinx Enterprise shortcut name.

My recommendation then would be to delete the OPC server from the application before creating the .mer file and running the application on a PanelView Plus or VersaView CE terminal.

Rick