Enclsoures.

elevmike

Anybody have some suggestions on encloser manufactures?

Hoffman's a little pricy, AD's not taking orders, and JB Webb (Control Eng) quit the busniess alltogeather... Looking for another supplier.

Thanks,

Mike,

You may want to take a look at Integra Enclosures. Not sure what size you will require, but the material they use is Lexan, rather than Fiberglass or Metal

Their link is www.integraenclosures.com

You can speak with Todd Embler or anyone in sales.

Good company to deal with.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

Thanks for the quick replies! Right now I just need a little 8x8x6 swing cover, but the problem is a steady and reliable supplier with decient pricing.

Stephen, Most of our projects require metal enclsoures w/bonding.

Thanks again,

Mike,

Not familiar with the bonding requirement. A couple of things that I didn't mention.

1. They offer a NEMA 6 rating for submersible / water tight

2. They are UL and ULc rated.

The closest size they offer to your requirement is 10 x 8 x 6 or 8 x 8 x 4

For metal enclosures, Hammond offers a good selection. I am not certain as to their stock level for various sizes or if you will have to purchase through a distributor. We purchase a transformer directly from them but it is a special. I know at one time they wanted us to go through distribution.

93lt1 said:
Why is AD not taking orders?

Slightly OT -
Does AD sell disconnect enclosures? I've never been able to find them on the AD website (haven't looked too hard).

Just on the enclosures. Somthing about H/W not shipping in a timely manner. I tried to buy a 100 amp breaker, box handle & box. Handles wount be avail till Jan, Not taking orders on enclosures. I found the handle & box at Galco.. Ordered the breaker from AD.

What a mess....So much for one stop shopping.

Hope they get it fixed soon.

93lt1, I looked into the AD enclosures a year ago and couldn't find any disconnect ready enclosures online or in their catalog. I called them and they indicated they weren't selling them yet, sounds like that's still the case...

Greg

Mike,

We get enclosures from several vendors; AD is my personal fav, but the mess in the gulf coast region has H/W all screwed up for some reason.

Try one of these:

McMaster-Carr Supply Co.
Atlanta, GA
404-346-7000

Summers Electric
Lubboc, TX
806-792-1172
Talk to Roger Castillo

I've already learned that lesson.

elevmike said:
What a mess....So much for one stop shopping.
Hope they get it fixed soon.

I've already learned that lesson. I had a fiasco about a year ago when we were starting to use AD more and more often. It was about the time AD went to a new "business system". I was charged 2 or 3 times for everything I ordered in about a 3 month period. When I asked why I was getting these account receivable notices that I had open account balances, I was told that the new business system had accidentally shipped several items twice - in reality it did not. I didn't even have a credit account. They threatened legal actions, and to stop doing business with me, the bill was only a couple hundred dollars. I tried telling the person that contacted me that I had proof of what I ordered, proof that I received what I ordered, and proof that I had paid for what I ordered and received. The person didn't want to here a word I had to say, and just told me that I need to pay for everything that the business system said it had shipped.

So, I went to the AD website, harvested every email address I could find, and sent a summary of what had happened, attached with the email conversation between me and the AR people at AD. I immediately got someone to listen to me and clear up the confusion. The sales people were a lot more concerned than the AR people. Luckily I didn't have to pay twice for anything, and I consider it a lesson learned.

Now I only order a couple items at a time, so a mass confusion can't happen like that again. You just can't beat some of those prices...

Granger & McMaster-car is ok as a stop gap, or for emergencys, but they make for co$tly regular suppliers.

I put in a request for a catalog from Saganaw. Close by and fair pricing.

We dont normally supply disconnects or main breakers, so I never noticed AD not carring disconnect-ready enclosures, but most any enclosure can be made disconnect ready with a drill & a set of knockout punches...That's the plan here anyway.

Back
Top Bottom