My darn english !

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
Gee. I sometimes get desperate 'cause ma english vocabulairy ain't what I'd like it to be.

I'm trying to find a converter.

I have an ethernet network and I want to leap 200 feet wireless to another place.

I dont need a router I need to switch from copper to air to copper again.

Can you guys help me with the words to use to google this gizmo?

In fact what I have is called an "I to O" (sort'a like an I/O but the O mirrors the state of the I on ethernet)

A few years back I search for a few weeks to find a "cat door" "Cat entrance" with no results until a gentleman from this site indicated that I should search for PET DOOR.

Just use wireless ethernet and look at what you find. I am not sure what you would use exactly but will look too.

Oh, and I only learned about this product because I use it to hook up my Xbox to Xbox live.

Works well for a stand alone mobile PLC I've got too.

I'm pretty sure a wireless bridge is what you're looking for. I know that the Linksys stuff can be run in Ad-Hoc mode, meaning you connect peer-to-peer, not needing an access point.

🍻

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
I'm pretty sure a wireless bridge is what you're looking for. I know that the Linksys stuff can be run in Ad-Hoc mode, meaning you connect peer-to-peer, not needing an access point.

🍻

-Eric

Exactly what he needs. Stay away from the linksys stuff, it drops packets & disconnects randomly.

The D-Link I posted works 100x more reliabely.

Many thanks to you all. Indeed a bridge was the term I needed.

I have found a product HERE that could do it, now I have to read the specs and talk to them.

Again, merci beaucoup.