Cable???

A null modem cable for RS-232 works quite well, or you can use the AB USB to DH485 converter the UIC module. You can make the null modem cable for about $15 but the UIC module is around $200, your choice.

Matt,

You can buy a "null-modem" RS232 9-pin-to-25-pin cable, or buy a cable with 9-pin connectors on both ends, and also buy a 9-pin to 25-pin adapter. The null modem cable has a couple of the wires swapped. If you want to make your own, the wiring diagram has been posted on this forum many times before. Search for "RS232 cable" or similar.

mattaho said:
Thanks, is it 9pin female out of PLC and 25 PIN serial to Computer
Are you sure the Computer serial port is 25 pin? I am asking because it has not been done for years but the printer port is 25 pin...if this is a fairly new computer with USB then the 25 pin port is not serial.

If you are sure (be very sure) the 25 pin port is serial the pin out to make a cable is in the SLC 500 User Manual.
slc9-25.jpg

I went out and bought a RS232 cable with female 9 pin on one end male 9 pin on the other and then bought a 9 pin gender changer(female to female). You were right about the serial not being the 25 pin. This computer is pretty old so I assumed it was. Thanks a lot for your help guys i think i am good to go now.

Matt

The driver is called "RS-232 DF1 Devices" in the RSLinx "Communications, Configure Drivers, Available Driver Types" menu.