katratzi

OK, I've finally done someting I can't (at least not yet) seem
to fix. I was changing the comm settings while I was online with
a Micrologix 1500. I am attempting to use a MSG instruction in a
nearby PLC-5 to pull some data out of the Micrologix 1500 through
the PLC-5 serial port. I'm not real knowledgeable about serial
communications, so I was using Rockwell technote A16361 step-by-
step. I had changed the 1500s' channel configuration and the
software warned me that if I went ahead I would lose communication.
I figured what the heck, I could just reconfigure my DF1 driver in
RSLinx to reflect the changes I made, and be right back online.
Well, that was early this morning, and I still cannot get online
with the 1500. (It does not show up at all when I click on the drivers' drop menu.)I auto-configured the driver, but when you click onthe RSWho icon, it shows the laptop I'm using but no 1500 processor. The odd thing is, it assigns the name of the driver
I've auto configured to the laptop icon. (This has never
happened using RSLogix 5 when I do PLC-5 programming, it always just shows the laptop or workstation icon without giving it a driver name. I am more familiar with DH+, PLC-5, and RSLogix 5 than I am the Micros and RSLogix 500.)

What I've checked so far:
- rebooted the laptop after several configurations
- checked for duplicate node addresses
- I've tried several driver types, i. e., rs232/df1,
df1 slave, df1 master, etc.
- brand new cable!!!!!
So, have I screwed myself royally by changing the comm channel configuration? I wrote the old settings down, but little good that does if I can't see the processor :(

Please help :)

did you reconfigure the com port to ascii? if so then you cant see it or go online via serial port you would have to clear processor to solve it then

Under the front cover there is a buttom labled comms. Pushing this will return the comm port to its default settings.

Have a look under the removable flap. There is a button labelled COMMS. Push it for 2 to 3 secs and it will change the led to DCOMMS on the processor. Now try auto config in RSLinx. Once online you will be able to alter your comms channel back to original settings.

Brijacq

Thanks guys, quick answers, and close to the holiday, too! I'll
give that a try first thing Friday morning and let ya know how it went.

- charles