Help on DesQview 2.2

shandra_ck

Hi all,

I have a very old pc that's running on MS-DOS Version 6.22 and the user program if from DesQView version 2.2 (Quarterdeck).

I used norton ghost to replicate the content to another harddisk, restore partition to partition. I was able to start the user program but some of the link does not work. For example the link to alarms configuration....

I have done the ghost option for most of the harddisk, but never had problem with the content.

Can anyone guide me on copying the files for DesQiew version 2.2?
Did I miss out anything?

Thank you.

Regards,

shandra

I should think that some of the paths don't now point in the right direction (Omron NT software used to do the same , but couldn't be changed ) - take at look at all .ini , .sys and .bat files for the OS and the application , and the chances are you will find something that points in the wrong direction .

Shandra,

When you say you used Norton Ghost, Did you Image the whole drive? If so, paths shouldn't change. Are you going from a slow computer to a brand new one. Speed could be a big issue.

George

Just the comment "partition to partition" seems suspect , logical drive letters may have changed , the boot partition may not now be C:\ but appear as such.

Hi,

Thansk for the reply.

This is what I have done and the result:
1. I used Norton Ghost 2003, did a disk to disk ghost
and I get a boot failure error.

2. Partition to partition ghost and I get the boot failure error too.

3. Then I partition the hard disk using win98 bootup disk and create a partition of 200Mb for C:\, 200 Mb for D:\ and 3 Gig for E:

Then did a ghost from partiton to partion.

Then I was able to bootup but getting the link error. I tried with same old CPU. So I can eliminate that it was the hardware problem.

The original hard disk partition was 100MB C:, 100Mb D:, and 3 Gig for E:.

I used the same partiton name when I restored. Total hard disk capasity is 5 Gig

Regards,

Shandra