Rockwell Softwares Versions

lucifer

Hello there,

Is there any way to find the detail list of RSLogix 500, RS View and PanelBuilder softwares verision history? I mean a document consisting the version released in chronologised fashion?

I searched Rockwell website but the efforts were not fruitful, may be you people can help.

Best Regards.

Of course I tried that option. It's very extensive document but not in the way I wanted, besides I may not have the latest software to view its release notes; though I guess the release notes my be available on the website.

Thanks.

You can get the release notes by going to the software updates page. Unfortunately, only for the products that you qualify to download.

Just another irritating thing about Rockwell.

The thing more irritating is you don't have any release notes in RS View 32 software. I am having version 7.1 and I can not make heads and tails about other versions of RS view 32 from its Read Me file.

Till now I used to laugh at Siemens people shouting against Rockwell; think they got me now. :mad:

I still love AB. I love Dilbert too. (y)

Last edited:
Thanks.

I was specifically interested in RS View 32 and PB 3.81 . I have RSLogix 6.00 and PanelBuilder 32 Version 3.80...they have Revision notes in help.

Search Tips

While it would be great if there was a totally unified release notes system for every product Rockwell makes, the best thing we can do in practice is know how to get what we need from the Knowledgebase.

A search in the RA Knowledgebase for the keywords 'PanelBuilder32 and release notes' returns this Document:

Q110445966 PanelBuilder32 3.82 Release Notes

That includes the new features and fixed anomalies in 3.81 and 3.82. That's what you want, right ? You want to know if upgrading to 3.81 or 3.82 will add a particular feature or fix a particular problem for you.

For RSView32, the keyword I use is "What's New". A search in the Knowledgebase with the keywords 'RSView32 and What's New" returns release notes for 7.0, 7.10, and 7.20.

These release notes don't provide you with a chronological history for the past five years, and that's just a fact of the way the documents were put together.