Modbus over TCP/IP

Avner

Hello All

Again I ask you help, you who work with almost every PLC in the book.
Do most SCADA systems, which support Ethernet support also, Modbus over TCP?

If not, is there a different common protocol one can relate to?

Thanks

Avner

In my experience, Modbus, whether RTU, ASCII, or Modbus TCP is the most common 'second language' spoken by PLCs. They all support their own homegrown protocols, of course, and some vendors offer multiple proprietary protocols (think of DF1, DH485, DH, DH+). But if they support anything other than their proprietary protocols, that alternative tends to be Modbus.

Modbus

Down here in my neck of the woods. (Houston) Its normal Modbus but I'm seeing more Modbus plus now.

Modbus

Down here in my neck of the woods. (Houston) Its normal to see Modbus, but I'm seeing more Modbus plus now.